You Can Count on Our Day Care Center Staff to Provide Exceptional Care in Auburn, WA
We are committed to hiring and retaining dedicated, loving, and well-qualified staff with high academic standards. Therefore, we hire accredited and experienced teachers who have training in early childhood education for all our classrooms.
We work in line with the Washington state regulations; therefore, all our teaching staff must receive an initial 20 hours of training in the day care/early childhood field. An educational exemption is given when transcripts are provided and is good for one year. After the initial 20 hours, 10 hours of continuing education must be performed each year thereafter.
What Is Expected of Our Staff
All employees must provide the following documentation:
- A valid WA photo identification
- Successful completion of first aid
- Adult and pediatric CPR
- WA state food handler’s card
- A negative TB test
- STARS training (a career development system designed to improve child care through basic and on-going training for child care providers)
- A CDA, ECE or AA or currently working to obtain at least one of those certifications.
- Must have Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Acquired Immodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS), and Bloodborne Pathogen training.
Background checks are mandatory, and all staff MUST be cleared prior to performing any job duties requiring direct contact with children without the supervision of another staff member. To operate a drug-free environment, we randomly perform drug testing for our staff members without prior notice. We are pleased to say that none of the staff members ever produced a positive drug test.